domingo, 31 de mayo de 2015

Diary Entry

In the subject l/l writing, we have to created a diary entry as if we were the grandmother in the poem "For my grandmother knitting". We read this poem on the subject literature.



November 19, 2001

Dear Diary,

   Sometimes my family makes me think I'm useless, they ignore me, even when they come to my house on Sundays. I have three beautiful grandchildren, they are John, Laura and Liz. My son is their father, he treats me as if I were nothing. In some moments we are alone, for example, in the kitchen, he tells me he only comes here because John, Liz and Laura want to see me, but I think that isn't true. My passion is knitting, I have been knitting since I was a fisher-girl, when I got married with Tom, when I had children, to summarise, all my life. I started knitting when I was 11, my grandmother, Ana, taught me. After that, I began to learn to knit different types of things.
      Since my son, Mark, had children, I thought it was my task as a grandma to knit to them. They started thanking me the scarves and cardigans I knitted to them, but when they grew up they started telling me "There is no need". At first I didn't care, but then this typical phrase became heavy. Nowdays I don't know what to do, if I continue knitting to them or leave it. Now my hands look old, they are red and also arthritic, but if it is for my grandchildren I would do everything.
















Music for knitting

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario